When you’re looking for a dentist for your family, you want a dentist Orlando trusts. You also want comfort, personalized attention and caring support from your dental team. After all, your family dentist will be part of your family’s growth and well-being for years to come.
How to Find a Dentist Orlando Trusts
The worst time to try to find a dentist is in an emergency. In those situations, you’re more focused on stopping the pain or fixing the unexpected problem with your teeth. It’s better to start looking for your dentist now, when you aren’t in a hurry or experiencing discomfort.
To find a dentist Orlando trusts, there are some key things to review before making the first appointment. These include:
- Location should be close to your home or office, with hours that fit your schedule
- Insurance acceptance, payment plans or other payment options are important
- Costs should compare to those of other dentists in the area, also according to your insurance policy allowances
- The dentist Orlando team should be caring, friendly and professional
- Your personal comfort during and after appointments should be a priority for the dental team
- Emergency hours should be available
- Check qualifications of the dental team
By using the above guidelines, you will find a dentist Orlando patients enjoy visiting with confidence for their own wellness, safety, and comfort.
Dr. Keith Mahan and His Team
Before your first appointment with Keith Mahan, DDS and his professional staff, you can gain confidence in your family’s care by getting to know a little more about the team. To schedule your first appointment you can come to the office and meet the team or you can learn more about them here:
Keith Mahan, DDS
Keith Mahan, DDS graduated from West Virginia University School of Dentistry in 1982. Dr. Mahan’s dental career began in the United States Navy Dental Corps, where he proudly served three years.
After his Naval service, Dr. Mahan started a private practice in Central Florida in 1985. He has continued serving his dental patients in Florida for more than 30 years now. During these years he has excelled throughout his focus of general dentistry.
Dr. Mahan remains a member of the American Dental Association, Central District Dental Association, Dental Society of Greater Orlando and the Florida Dental Association. Additionally, he actively supports charitable efforts of the Give Hope Foundation, as he has for eight years.
Dr. Mahan calls Winter Park home, along with his wife Penny and two grown children. In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf, watching NCAA football and deep sea fishing.
What to Expect When You Visit Dr. Mahan’s Office
When you visit Dr. Mahan’s office for your first dental appointment, here is what you can expect:
- A full health history review, so the dental team can meet your individual needs
- Thorough cleaning by the dentist or hygienist, to remove built-up plaque and tartar, followed by polishing and flossing of your teeth
- A complete dental exam that includes your teeth, gums, and mouth
- X-rays for the dentist to check for bone damage, impacted teeth, cysts, abscesses, tumors or decay not visible to the naked eye
Knowing what to expect on your first visit can help you calm your nerves and remain relaxed. It’s also helpful to explain your children’s first dental visit to them, so they don’t fear new sounds or activities in the dentist’s office.
Set Your Appointment with Smooth Sailing Dentistry
Everyone in Dr. Mahan’s office welcomes you and your family to your new dentist. To get to know the team and set your first appointment, call Smooth Sailing Dentistry now at 407-706-3873.